church wants to take Christ's love out into the world, not just with words, but
also with deeds of compassion. Thus, we are in mission both locally and
globally. Some of our current and past mission projects are listed
- Pancakes for Puerto Rico
- After Hurricane Maria devastated the U.S. territory of
Puerto Rico, our small 3-student confirmation class put together a fund raiser
called "Pancakse for Puerto Rico" and raised over $2,500 for releif aid which
they channelled through the United Methodsit Committee on Relief. (See the menu).
- Soul Food
- Taking warm home cooked meals to
needy folks in our community.
- Festival of Sharing
- Begun by the United Methodists of
Missouri, The Festival of Sharing is an interfaith, state-wide, gathering event
held on the third Saturday in October each year. This event generates
funding and gathers resources to provide goods where they are desperately
needed. (More about the Festival)
- We are going to collect supplies for
two kits this year:
- (1) Shoes fight poverty (Aug.-Sept. 2015)
- (2) Baby Bundle Pack (April 2014)
- (3) Student Dental Pack (September 2012)
- (4) Personal Hygiene Pack (August 2012)
- Imagine No
- Our Youth Group did a spaghetti
dinner and raised over $1,123.50 to help wipeout malaria. That's enough
to save 112 lives!
- Food for the Fourth
- Many agencies remember needy
families at Thanksgiving and Christmas, but we thought it would be nice to
remember them on another holiday when families ought to be able to celebrate,
namely, Independence Day.
- Food and cash collections to H.E.L.P.
Services of Carroll County
- Over the years we have collected
canned food and provided financial support for the many good works done by
H.E.L.P. Services here in Carrollton.
- Lord's Produce Table (More info)
- Extra produce growing in your
garden? During the growing season we have a table in the sanctuary were
fresh home grown produce can be placed. Those "purchasing" these items
make a donation to U.M.C.O.R. (The United Methodist Committee on Relief).
It's a win-win situation!
- Ministerial Alliance Emergency
- Always willing to help, our Youth
Group put together Mostaccioli
Madness, an Italian dinner. Their efforts raised $818 for the
Carrollton Ministerial Alliance's emergency assistance program. Our
church has also made monthly financial contributions to the Alliance's emergeny
fund. Each year we also participate in the Alliance's Angel Tree to
provide gifts to children in our community.
- Heifer International
- The Youth Group led St. Patrick's
Dinner raised $620 for Heifer
International, an organization that help people raise themselves from
poverty to sustainable incomes.
- The House of My Father
- Women's shelter of Carroll